We are hiring an administrative assistant. This is a part-time (20hr/week) position. If you support our mission to end violence and you want to make a big difference in our students' lives, then this job may be for you.
Please send your resume & cover letter to Lisa Scheff at email@example.com. We will continue reviewing applicants on a rolling basis until we find the right person - send us your resume, because maybe it's YOU!
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities
- Schedule Classes, manage class registration & follow up with prospective students
- General class coordination (site logistics, materials, scheduling instructors, etc)
- Ensure class materials box is refreshed and provided to lead instructor before classes
- Update class workbooks and photo copy them for classes
- Work with Assistant Coordinator as needed to assure that classes have enough assistants
- Update database(s) with contacts, inquiries, status (we will provide training on how to use our database)
- Mail promotional materials, DVDs from classes, T-shirts and other items
- Send personal thank-you notes
- Communicate with staff, board and volunteers regarding the core tasks of Impact's operations
- Coordinate and manage receipts and entries into QuickBooks
- Post content about Impact using social media including Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Craigslist and our website (we will provide training if needed, but prefer someone with online experience).
- Video editing & distribution to create video clips from classes for our graduates, YouTube videos, DVDs for promotional purposes. (we will provide training if needed, but prefer someone with video experience).
Required Skills & Attributes
- Attentive to detail
- Highly communicative, comfortable emailing and enjoy talking on the phone
- Able to multi-task and prioritize the most important items, able to juggle different tasks without losing sight of what's most important
- Excited to work on a team of powerful and enthusiastic collaborators
- Dedicated to providing the quality empowerment and self-defense trainings to our students
- Computer-savvy and comfortable with technology
- You MUST have access to a fully-insured, CA-registered vehicle that you can use for Impact business.
Desired, but not required
- Previous experience as an administrative assistant, especially for a non-profit
- Familiarity with QuickBooks online, Excel and Google Docs (spreadsheets)
- Impact Bay Area Basics graduate, volunteer, assistant, instructor or community member
- Access to a large vehicle sych as a truck, mini0van, van or SUV (for transporting mats and/or instructors to classes)