IMPACT Bay Area's policies allow flexibility for students while helping us reliably fill our classes to support our Mission. As a small nonprofit, we depend on course tuition fees to operate. Because we place great importance on creating a safe and supportive environment for our students, we reserve the right not to accept as students anyone we believe would disturb that environment.
Public Class Reschedules, Cancellations & Refunds
• More than 7 days before your class: You can cancel your registration for a full refund, or reschedule for a future class within 6 months for no additional fee. Use the "View / change booking" button in your confirmation email to cancel or reschedule yourself. Or, contact us at [email protected] or by phone at (510) 208-0474 with your name, what class you registered for, and your contact information.
• Within 7 days of your class: No refunds will be provided. IMPACT Bay Area can reschedule you for a future class within 6 months for a $20 rebooking fee. Review our class schedule, then contact us at [email protected] or by phone at (510) 208-0474 with your name, what class you registered for, your contact information, and what class you would like to reschedule to.
• Within 24 hours before a class begins: There will be no refunds or reschedules for any reason.
Private Classes Terms & Conditions
• Registration, promotion, and class enrollment are the sole responsibility of the client organizing the class. Upon request, IMPACT can provide promotional materials such as class description, photo, and logo.
• Our minimum class size is 8 participants. If the minimum enrollment is not met 48 hours prior to the class start date, IMPACT Bay Area reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the class, in which case the client will lose any deposit paid.
• For classes and courses 3-hours or longer, participants (or their guardians) are required to complete a safety waiver.
• A non-refundable and non-transferrable deposit of $500 is required for any scheduled private class no less than 2 weeks prior to the class start date. If the class is scheduled within 2 weeks of the class date, the deposit is due upon receiving the invoice. The remaining balance must be paid by the start of the class date.
• If you request to cancel or reschedule your class within 14 days of the start date, your deposit will not be refunded. To cancel a private class, contact us at [email protected] or by phone at (510) 208-0474.
Our priority, as always, is to provide a safe and healthy class environment for you to learn powerful and empowering self-defense skills, with consideration for higher risk individuals in our classes and on our staff. Please review the below policies carefully before signing up for a class. Effective starting in October 2023:
- Masks are required for all public classes.
- Proof of vaccination is not required.
- Rapid testing is not required. However, if you have COVID-19 symptoms or a known recent exposure, we strongly encourage you to take a rapid test at home before coming to class. If you test positive, do not come to class; contact IMPACT for rescheduling options.
- During class, all participants are encouraged to wash hands or use hand sanitizer before drills and practice fights. Sanitizing wipes will be available if you wish to sanitize shared equipment before using it.
- We invite you to take any additional precautions that feel safe for you, such as social distancing and hand washing during class.
Canceling a Donation
If you made a contribution in error or would like to cancel a donation, contact [email protected] or by phone (510) 208-0474 within 7 days of the transaction you would like to cancel. When contacting us to cancel a donation, please be ready to provide your name, the date and amount of the transaction, and your contact information.