Work with Us
We are a team of diverse, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about creating safer communities and are excited to expand our team! If you're looking for meaningful involvement in violence prevention in the Bay Area, check out our current openings:
- Executive Director (Job Description). IMPACT Bay Area is in search of a transformative and resourceful leader who can drive our mission forward. As the Executive Director, you will assume stewardship of a well-established non-profit with a dedicated community of supporters who share a profound belief in our mission. This role offers a unique opportunity to not only build upon our rich legacy, but also to implement fresh strategies for engaging a wider community audience.
- Board Member (Job Description). The IMPACT Bay Area Board of Directors is responsible for our fiscal health and programmatic quality. We are seeking board members who are passionate about scaling our mission in a values-aligned way as we enter our next chapter of growth. You’ll have the opportunity to help create safer communities by sharing your unique perspectives, strategic insights, and unique skills.
- Associate Board Member (Job Description). Our Associate Board Members are young professionals, usually 18-30 years of age, who build the capacity of our organization while participating in leadership development and growth opportunities through meaningful involvement within our small-but-mighty non-profit organization.
- Instructor Trainees (Job Description). We work with an exclusive team of instructors who believe that self-defense is about much more than physical strikes, and are committed to helping others access their own power. We work in teams of "Whistle Instructors" who are primarily responsible for coaching, and "Suited Instructors" who are responsible for playing the role of mock assailants in class. Training to become an IMPACT Instructor is a long and rigorous process, we are seeking candidates with a long term interest in Empowerment Self-Defense and violence prevention.
IMPACT Bay Area relies on the support of the community to continue our work of empowering students to set and defend boundaries.
Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Make a One-Time Donation or become a Monthly Supporter
- Sign up for our newsletter
- Give the gift of IMPACT - purchase a gift certificate for someone you love!
- Sponsor a scholarship for a individual who might not otherwise be able to afford an IMPACT course.
Spread the Word
The majority of our students come to us through word of mouth! Share your experience on social media or write a review on our Yelp page.
Shop for IMPACT
Benefit IMPACT when you shop! IMPACT participates in Amazon Smile and the Sports Basement Basementeers Program! You can designate IMPACT as your charity of choice when you shop and a portion of the proceeds from you purchases will be donated to us!
Email: [email protected]
PO Box 23831
Oakland, CA 94623
Send Us a Message! Submit this form to get in touch and ask any questions you may have! If you check the box to receive updates, you’ll be subscribed to our monthly newsletter, where we’ll provide information about upcoming classes, special discounts, and invitations to IMPACT events. IMPACT takes privacy and confidentiality very seriously and will not ever share, sell or trade your information.
We look forward to connecting!