IMPACT Bay Area continuously monitors public health guidelines at the national, state, and local level and updates our policies accordingly. This page has the most up-to-date information for our classes. Review the below policies carefully before signing up for a class.
IMPACT Bay Area COVID-19 Policies (effective 8/1/22)
- All staff and participants age 12+ must be up to date on their vaccinations, including at least one booster shot as eligible, by the day of class and provide proof of vaccination* upon registration (see instructions below).
- Participants are strongly encouraged to self-test using a home antigen test on the morning of class, or a PCR test within 72 hours before class. If you test positive or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms on the day of class, do not come to class; contact IMPACT for rescheduling options.
- Face coverings are required for all staff and participants, unless you have an exemption as defined by CDPH.
- During class, all participants are encouraged to wash hands or use hand sanitizer before drills and practice fights. Sanitizing wipes will be available if you wish to sanitize shared equipment before using it.
- We invite you to take any additional precautions that feel safe for you, such as social distancing and hand washing during class.
These policies replace the previous ones. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us. Our priority, as always, is to provide a safe and healthy class environment for you to learn powerful and empowering self-defense skills.
* How to Provide Proof of Vaccination
Proof of vaccination is now integrated into our online waiver. The waiver link is included on the class registration page, in your class registration confirmation email, and in pre-class emails from IMPACT staff.